- Job seekers can connect virtually with Ann Arbor-area companies at this year’s Tech Homecoming.
Watch the Tech Homecoming video!
- We’re partnering with Washtenaw Community College and Washtenaw County to launch the Renew program, a 10-week course to help companies in Ypsilanti pivot through the pandemic. Applications are due Friday, December 4.
- Kelly Sexton, SPARK board member and University of Michigan Associate Vice President for Research — Technology Transfer and Innovation Partnerships, is a guest on the Tech Transfer IP Forum Podcast.
- Check out the “Steel Topping” ceremony at KLA’s new building in Ann Arbor.
- How a hot market for exits, plus a pandemic, led Llamasoft to a $1.5 billion deal it couldn’t refuse
- Best Practice in Partnership: Toyota and U-M connect on critical issues facing our community
- Cisco’s Duo Security reports a big increase in the adoption of security technology due to working from home requirements.
Around the Mitten
- Ann Arbor-based NanoBio Protect goes on sale this month in 4,400 CVS stores around the country to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Business Leaders for Michigan released a report on how university-led economic development affects our state. “Most of the institutions we studied mentioned economic development goals in their strategic plans, but several universities, especially WSU, have centralized and prioritized them.”
- Michigan #3 in Foreign Direct Investment, Detroit metro #1, according to Site Selection Magazine.
- Midwest Rising: MEDC partners with Forbes to showcase the startup scene around the state.
Food for Thought
- The Unexpected Boom In Startups “The third quarter of 2020 is the highest quarter of applications we’ve ever seen.” The largest area for new business creation is online retail.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.