Effective November 18:
In response to the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) Epidemic Orders issued on October 29 and November 15, Ann Arbor SPARK is closing its SPARK Central and SPARK East Innovation Centers effective Wednesday, November 18.
Our closure is to comply with these recent public health orders, which states all office workers are to work remotely unless they meet “strict requirement” for in-person work: Assembly worker, food service, or protected data that cannot be accessed remotely. Furthermore, it specifically does not permit in-person work due to decreased productivity or costs related to virtual work (equipment, etc).
Please note: There is a fine of up to $1,500 per day for violating MDHHS’s orders. This fine is considered a civil infraction and therefore issued to an individual for non-compliance.
Under MDHHS’s Order:
- All SPARK clients should work from home or an alternate location.
- SPARK East is completely closed and will not be able to accept package deliveries. If you are a SPARK East client, please direct all packages to be delivered to your home address or another alternative location. Mail can be accepted at SPARK East, and picked up at SPARK Central on Fridays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- SPARK Central clients can continue to have both mail and packages delivered to the incubator.
- Clients will only be able to access SPARK Central to pick up their mail and other packages on Fridays from 10 a.m. to noon. Please note this includes clients of SPARK East.
- Before coming to SPARK Central for mail pickup, you must complete the DocNetwork sign-in procedure and health screening.
How to Sign up for DocNetwork
Our software solution for registration, scheduling, and daily health screening.
Our priority is the health and safety of our clients and staff. We will continue to follow the direction of state and county public health officials and provide updates as the status of our facilities change. MDHHS indicated it would provide additional information and updates to its Executive Orders on December 1, at which time Ann Arbor SPARK will evaluate the status of SPARK Central and SPARK East.
For more business guidance from the Washtenaw County Health Department, please visit https://www.washtenaw.org/3122/Guidance-for-Businesses-Organizations, and about the state’s guidance on COVID-19, visit Michigan.gov/Coronavirus.