The Renew Your Business Training and Grant Program, offered by the Entrepreneurship Center at Washtenaw Community College (WCC), is for Ypsilanti small business owners who identify as minority-owned, woman-owned, or veteran-owned businesses.
It is designed to provide business owners actionable next steps for long-term momentum and stabilization, after facing business hardships due to the global pandemic. The intent is to support a local network of entrepreneurs to foster mutual sustainability in our community.
The program is funded by Ann Arbor SPARK and the Washtenaw County Office of Community and Economic Development.
What is Included?
- Ten weeks of CO.STARTERS Rebuild™ virtual classes, led by a Detroit Build Institute facilitator.
- Eight additional weeks of virtual, peer small-group meetups, led by business mentors.
- A $2500 business grant, upon completion of the program.
- Continued support services provided by the Entrepreneurship Center at WCC, its Entrepreneurs-in-Residence program, and resource partners.
Who Should Apply?
- Owners of for-profit small businesses in the 48197 or 48198 Washtenaw County zip code area.
- Small businesses that identify as minority-owned, woman-owned, and/or veteran-owned.
- Small businesses that are impacted by a loss of business and customers due to COVID-19, and yet is taking steps forward.
- Entities that have been in business for at least a year and continues to be operational.
- Businesses with fewer than 10 employees.
- Owners that are ready to commit to a five-month virtual program to rebuild their business!
Applications open until December 4, 2020 at 5 p.m.
Learn more and apply at wccnet.edu/ec-renew