A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- Ann Arbor-Area Manufacturers and Startups Pivot to Fill Medical Needs during Pandemic
“Dr. Margarita Hernandez, director of entrepreneurial services for Ann Arbor SPARK, says at least four manufacturers in the Ann Arbor area have begun making ventilators, personal protective equipment (PPE), and other medical supplies in recent weeks. New Eagle, Adaptive Energy, and Leon Speakers are among the local manufacturers who have prioritized producing PPE.”
- Ann Arbor SPARK hosting on-demand webinars, including those recorded last week about COVID-19 related decision-making and government resources with Rehmann.
- Q&A with Paul Krutko, Ann Arbor SPARK president and CEO about the state of the economy with We Love Ann Arbor.
- Pittsfield Twp. to Grant $50K in Emergency Relief to Small Businesses
“The Pittsfield Township Board of Trustees unanimously approved a $50,000 contribution to the Washtenaw Small Business Emergency Relief Fund, earmarked for Pittsfield businesses, at its meeting on April 8. Applicants must be based in Pittsfield Township and demonstrate financial need. Eligible businesses must provide a budget and its most recent tax return.”
- Ann Arbor’s R2 Space Receives Defense Innovation Unit Award
Ann Arbor SPARK worked with R2 Space to establish its headquarters and played an instrumental role in a recent hire.
- Blue Ocean Student Entrepreneur Pitch Competition Announces 2020 Winners
Blue Ocean High School Entrepreneurship Competition is the most prestigious pitch competition for high school students in the world. It is a virtual entrepreneurship competition that attracts the very best high school-aged entrepreneurs from dozens of countries.