A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
Ann Arbor SPARK is hosting a group of U-M students for A2 Discovery Trek as they explore career and entrepreneurship in Ann Arbor. They’ll be meeting with companies around town, and participating in speed networking with startups and others at the SPARK Central Innovation Center.
Tonight at the Neutral Zone is Tech City Jam, something that Michael Cole at the Bank of Ann Arbor has been organizing for a few years now. This week Michael also wrote a guest column for MLive, An Incomplete History of Greater Ann Arbor’s Innovation Community.
The fall cohort of the Ann Arbor SPARK Entrepreneurial Boot Camp kicked off yesterday at the SPARK East Innovation Center in Ypsilanti. We’re looking forward to working with this great group of early stage startups!
Michigan Tech Podcasts: Dave Haviland Of Phimation Strategy Hosts SPARK.Grow
- November 6: Register now for the Livingston County EDC Annual Meeting, happening November 6.
- November 27: Attention job seekers! Registration is now open for Tech Homecoming, happening this year at Cahoots.
Other News to Know
- University of Michigan launches record 22 startups this year; Related: U-M to launch new investment fund for early stage startups.
- R2 Space announces new headquarters in Ann Arbor.
- LLamasoft Adds Tax, Tariff, Duty Analysis to their software.
- SPARK Executive Committee member Joanne Rau becomes the new president of the Chelsea State Bank.
- Accelerate Michigan Innovation Competition selects 24 semifinalists including several from our backyard.
- Responding to overwhelming demand, Mi Padrino releases Hispanic party planning app early.
- Video overview of KLA’s groundbreaking.