A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- June 30: PPP Loan Forgiveness
- The Michigan Celebrates Small Business Awards announced its winners this week, which included May Mobility as a SmartZone Best Small Business and Workit Health, MySwimPro, and Great Lakes GrowthWorks all made the 50 Companies to Watch list.
- Ann Arbor SPARK client MountainPass is poised to help multiple academic institutions adjust to remote management.
- Lake Trust’s “Great Lakes Give Back” program will help 75 small companies with additional support when they get some additions through crowdfunding, which has become a helpful way to support small businesses.
- The University of Michigan announced this week that Amazon is making a corporate gift to one of U-M’s venture funds. Amazon is one of the largest recruiters of students at the Ross School of Business.
- The University of Michigan announces fall semester plans — new dates, in-person classes, breaks canceled.