A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- In response to the COVID-19 crisis, The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), in conjunction with the Detroit-based crowdfunding platform, Patronicity, has developed MI Local Biz. The MEDC will match crowdfunding raises on a 1:1 basis up to $5,000 for eligible small businesses experiencing economic challenges as a result of COVID-19.
- The Michigan Entrepreneur Resilience Fund provides recovery grants and loans to diverse entrepreneurs and small businesses from underrepresented groups in Michigan. This fund is intended to assist geographically and demographically disadvantaged individuals.
- From Guideline Development to Pre-Screening Tools, DocNetwork Founder and Pediatrician Provides Leadership during COVID-19
- Transatlantic Mobility Partnerships – Collaboration between Ann Arbor SPARK and the Saxony Automotive Technology Network is now available for purchase from IASP.
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem News
- Ann Arbor-based startup Saganworks creates virtual reality rooms for storing files and folders.
- James Wickman, who has served as the EDC of Livingston County’s Board Chair, is taking a new role as the Township Manager in Saginaw. James had been the Township Manager in Hartland and started his career in public service as a police officer in Pittsfield Township. SPARK wishes James the best for the next step in his career!
- May 18: SPARK.tech | Customer Discovery: What and How
- May 19: KLA Virtual Career Fair
- May 19: Discover How You Can Run a Successful Virtual Intern Program During COVID-19
- May 22: Pandemic Pivots: Ann Arbor Mobility Startups Responding to COVID-19
Food for Thought
- A recent survey of Midwest Startup CEOs gauged the impact COVID-19 has been having on their companies. There is some fear and uncertainty in the tech sector on both investor and startup sides, and we thought we could shine a light on the current status of a typically opaque sector.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.