A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- The Michigan Economic Development Corporation announced the creation of a $3 million Tech Startup Stabilization Fund to help stabilize early stage tech startups in Michigan that are being impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
- Ann Arbor SPARK disperses $495K to businesses in Washtenaw, Livingston counties impacted by COVID-19
- The Michigan Small Business Development Center recently made additional Business Accelerator Funds available to business accelerators to help early stage tech companies involved with alleviating the COVID‐19 crisis or severely struggling as a result of it. Ann Arbor SPARK’s entrepreneurial services team is facilitating the process for small businesses in Washtenaw and Livingston counties.
- For more information, visit the Ann Arbor SPARK COVID-19 Business Resources page.
- PlanetM is launching the PlanetM COVID-19 Mobility Solutions Grant, which will support mobility solutions that address the crucial challenges presented by the spread of COVID-19 within the State of Michigan. The application deadline is April 24.
- A new report from the Greater Ann Arbor Region (GAAR) — complete with interactive maps — highlights the difference between where people live and work. There’s also a planning tool that encourages people to think differently about their mobility options.
- The MVCA released its annual research report
- There are currently 19 startup companies in Michigan led by a CEO who is a racial minority, a 138% increase over the last six years.
- There are 26 venture capital firms headquartered or with an office in Michigan.
- Total venture capital under management in Michigan is $4.3 billion.
- 542 venture firms from outside of Michigan have invested in Michigan-based startups.
- In Michigan, 106 startups raised over $73.6 million from angel investors.
- April 23 | Lean Isn’t Just For Manufacturing – How the Service Industry & Office Functions Can Take Advantage of Lean Concepts
- May 5 | 2020 Midwest Venture Showcase
- May 12 |Tech Inclusion Virtual Global Summit: The Next Wave of Leadership
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.