A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
Featured Upcoming Events
- January 13: Invest 2021: Michigan’s Post-COVID Angel and VC Investing Landscape
- January 20: A2Y Chamber Virtual Early Edition — State of the Biosciences Industry
- January 21: Entrepreneur Book Club: Session One
Check out Ann Arbor SPARK’s event calendar for a full list of upcoming events. Sign up for SPARK’s monthly events newsletter to receive event highlights delivered directly to your inbox. To add your event to our calendar, please reference this helpful quick start guide.
- From Silicon Valley to Ann Arbor: One Tech Exec’s Experience Gary White, systems and electrical engineering manager at KLA Corporation, shares his perspective about his move from San Francisco to Ann Arbor. “KLA has a unique setup in that our Ann Arbor headquarters has been granted the freedom to operate like its own startup, but still get the funding and resources of a global, enterprise-scale industry leader.”
- For a better economic recovery, restore Good Jobs for Michigan
“Now more than ever, as the state moves toward economic recovery after a pandemic, we must have all the best tools at the ready.”
- Ann Arbor scheduling software company DaySmart acquires Arizona-based AppointmentPlus.
- Ann Arbor eye-drug developer ONL Therapeutics raises $47 million in latest venture capital round.
- Chris Sing joins Ann Arbor SPARK Board of Directors
- SPARK Board Member Jason Morgan named as Northern Michigan University Trustee
Food for Thought
- Ned Staebler op-ed: It’s time to invest on Main Street