The first step towards SPARK entrepreneurial services is filling out a client intake application.
The Michigan Life Sciences Entrepreneur’s Association is thrilled to announce the launch of the inaugural Life Science Startup Business Plan Competition at the Michigan Tech Week (MTW) in Ann Arbor, offering an exciting opportunity for budding innovators to showcase their ideas and vie for a chance to win a grand prize valued at $20,000! If you are a visionary entrepreneur with a passion for driving advancements in the field of life sciences, this competition is tailor-made for you.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a cash award of $15,000, along with $5,000 worth of legal services provided by Varnum Law Firm. The runner-up will receive a $5,000 cash award.
Eight finalists will be invited to pitch in front of a distinguished panel of judges at the iconic Big House venue.
Event Date: October 9, 2023
Location: Big House, Ann Arbor
Your company needs to:
1. Be incorporated (or an LLC) with major operations/headquarters in Michigan
2. Have an established, full-time founding team
3. Have a product or Minimum Viable Product (drug, device, assay) with IP protection
4. Have a strong social impact in solving unmet medical or life science research problems
5. Be committed to growing their business/team in-state (does not exclude growing out-of-state as well