Washtenaw County Michigan Works! Business Services provides Human Resources support to employers of all sizes to recruit and retain high quality employees. Partnering with economic development, institutions of higher education, and training organizations, Business Services is part of the lead workforce development agency in the community Washtenaw County Michigan Works!. Our team of highly trained professionals help organizations grow, expand, or sustain their business.
Washtenaw Michigan Works! Business Services team utilizes the Michigan Talent Bank. The Michigan Talent Bank is a web-based, state-wide job posting system to link employers to job seekers quickly and easily. Our Professionals can save you time and money by registering your business with the Talent Bank so that you (or we) can post job openings, search resumes of candidates, and find local talent….all at no charge to you!
The Business Services staff can also assist you in:
- Writing job descriptions.
- Accessing information on local labor market trends, wage surveys, workplace accommodation requirements, and new hire tax credits.
- Hosting job fairs to attract qualified job seekers.
- Researching various talent pools to identify potential candidates which match your requirements for entry level to executive positions.
- Designing effective interview questions.
- Conducting telephone, video, or in-person interviews to pre-screen applicants.
- Using state-of-the-art technology tools, including the Job Fit Style Assessment and Interview Stream video system, to streamline the recruiting process and find qualified employees quickly and easily.
- Providing private offices for you to conduct in-person interviews at the Michigan Works! Career Transition Center.
Based upon an assessment of your employee training needs, Business Services can provide information on the availability of funding for several types of training opportunities:
- On the Job Training (OJT): A portion of the wages for a new employee during their initial training period may be provided. One of our most utilized training programs.
- Customized Training & Incumbent Worker Training (IWT): Funds may be available to upgrade the skills of your new or existing employees through a training program designed to enhance your company’s ability to compete in the marketplace, increase business success, and reduce the potential for staff reductions.
The Michigan Works! Business Services Professionals can link you to resources available through the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC), Ann Arbor SPARK, the Small Business and Technology Development Center (MI-SBTDC), the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University, the Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti Chamber of Commerce, and other local agencies. In addition, you may also:
- Reserve office or conference room space at our Career Transition Center for your next business meeting or interview. All training space is equipped with computers and LCD projectors.
- Enjoy the use of computers loaded with the latest Microsoft Office products, professional grade printers, and copiers.
- Participate in low-cost or no-cost workshops, seminars, and networking opportunities designed to enhance your business success.
Michigan Works! Business Services is located at:
301 W. Michigan Avenue
Key Bank Building, 2nd floor
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
For additional information on services offered through Michigan Works! Business Services, please contact one of our Business Services Representatives listed below: