- Thursday, November 5: In part one of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce Women in Industry series, Michigan ATHENA and Toyota present a conversation with three dynamic women in the mobility industry, including Ann Arbor SPARK’s Komal Doshi.
- Thursday, November 12: Mobility Meetup – Scaling during a Pandemic
Sudhindra Uppuluri, technical director and co-founder of GreenRoute and Prashant Salla, founder of FixMyCar next Mobility Meetup.
- Tuesday, November 24: Ann Arbor SPARK to connect job seekers, employers at Tech Homecoming “Originally conceived as a way to kick off the long Thanksgiving weekend, Tech Homecoming is a chance to show off the abundant career opportunities Ann Arbor has to offer,” said Jenn Cornell Queen.
- New Partnership with the U.S. Trade and Development Agency Creates Opportunities for Growth for Michigan Businesses
- DTE takes prominent role in public-private effort to protect grid from cyber attacks on EVs
“Testing will be kept in Michigan at the American Center for Mobility. DTE’s expertise will assist in efforts with the grid, while the center provides grounds for testing the capabilities of this technology to detect and deflect future attacks in real-time.”
- Clinc Appoints New Chief Marketing Officer, John Lichtenberg. Related: Ann Arbor AI company Clinc looks to upscale under new CEO
- Ann Arbor-based Jottful helps small businesses survive pandemic by going online for the first time
Food for Thought
- AOL Co-Founder Steve Case Predicts the Cities and Industries That Could Create the Next Silicon Valley
Case said cities like Ann Arbor, Michigan, and Pittsburgh are seeing startup success thanks to research institutions — the University of Michigan and Carnegie Mellon, respectively — that have been successful at retaining talent in recent years. “Before, people would go to those great universities and leave as part of that brain drain,” he said. “Now more people graduating are staying, and some people are even returning.”
- Business Leaders for Michigan CEO: Change could signal a new direction for business leaders
“If the group can use its weight to influence legislators toward goal-oriented retraining and investment pathways, then the state might have a fighting chance against the long tail of the pandemic recession.”
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.