A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
The Ann Arbor Region is Hiring
- Ann Arbor SPARK’s event Tech Homecoming will happen virtually on November 24! There’s a great lineup of companies participating, including Duo Security, KLA, ProQuest, and May Mobility. Check out the full lineup of these growing businesses from the Ann Arbor region.
Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Updates
- The University of Michigan College of Engineering Center for Entrepreneurship published its 2020 Impact Report. Ann Arbor SPARK values the opportunity to work with the Center for Entrepreneurship throughout the year, including during the student-focused Discovery Treks. There were more than 250 students at the recent trek held during a2Tech360!
- Ann Arbor SPARK client BreezeBubble Mask Blows Past its Crowdfunding Campaign Goal In Less Than 48 Hours
- A2 Entrepreneurs Fund is inviting college students to apply to a new Diversity, Equity & Inclusion focused internship program that will provide underrepresented college students with the opportunity to gain paid work experience within the local startup industry!
- Ann Arbor Area Community Foundation released its 2020 Washtenaw County Small Business Capital Report. EntryPoint conducted the research and analysis which examines results from nearly 600 unique institutional investors, registered investment advisors, bank trusts, Washtenaw County businesses, and individual investors.
- MiTechNews interviewed Bill Mayer, Ann Arbor SPARK vice president of entrepreneurial services, who highlighted the many ways SPARK helps accelerate startups’ path to success. Listen to the full interview.
- Clinc’s new CEO Jon Newhard on the Tearsheet Podcast: “Voice reduces the steps to do the things you want to do.” Hear the full conversion.
- Ten Strategies to Build Resilience in the Mobility Ecosystem
“Since the pandemic has started, vehicle miles traveled in personal vehicles have dropped by 10 percent, and more people are biking and walking than before. This is a fantastic opportunity for public and private organizations to encourage the continuation of these habits even after COVID subsides.”
- Ann Arbor SPARK receives Excellence in Economic Development Award
Last week, Ann Arbor SPARK won a gold award from the International Economic Development Council for its Ann Arbor as a Mobility Living Lab public-private partnership. We were honored to accept on behalf of everyone who contributed to the effort, including Ford Smart Mobility, Ann Arbor Area Transportation Authority (TheRide), City of Ann Arbor Downtown Development Authority, University of Michigan, and MEDC.
- The Ann Arbor Mobility Summit: Autonomous, Electrification, & Mobility-as-a-Service are Transforming the Future of Transport
- Mcity donated a Navya Autonom shuttle to The Henry Ford. The shuttle will join a collection of vehicles that represent American innovation.
- Did you know that Ann Arbor SPARK distributes a monthly mobility newsletter? Check out the October edition.