A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- New Ann Arbor SPARK event series to offer free small business guidance for all industries
Ann Arbor SPARK is hosting a new, free educational series for small business owners in any industry who are interested in learning new skills and employing best practices. Each session will feature experts sharing their knowledge in areas such as finance, sales, marketing, and accounting. Learn more about ACE.
- a2Tech360 registration is open!
Ann Arbor SPARK’s a2Tech360 is a week of events celebrating Ann Arbor’s spirit of innovation through experiences, conversations, and connections that strengthen and expand the region’s vibrant ecosystem. The events are tailored to a variety of interests and audiences, including entrepreneurs, researchers, investors, businesses, academic institutions, non-profits, job seekers, and the general public.
- ACM to operate a smart parking garage system in Corktown, starting next month, with Ford, Bedrock and Bosch
- Perrone Robotics confirms commitment to develop autonomous vehicle test facility at ACM.
- !important Safety demonstrated a patented system to trigger brakes from a smartphone position. “This is the new safety belt,” said Bastien Beauchamp, !important Safety CEO. The new system detects and protects pedestrians, cyclists, wheelchairs, blinds, e-scooters, motorcycles and other vulnerable road users. Watch the video demonstration.
- Ann Arbor company Matterhorn aims to improve equity and fairness in courts through online dispute resolution.
- Lisa McLaughlin and Robin McIntosh of Workit Health, Ann Arbor, among seven Michigan entrepreneurs honored by Ernst & Young
- SummerWorks Career Sneak Peek Speaker Series Invites Young Adults to Gain Insight from Career Professionals