- Ann Arbor SPARK Awarded $2.4 Million Grant for Broadband Expansion in Washtenaw County
The funding will be used to build 20 miles of underground fiber optic cable, connecting downtown Ann Arbor and downtown Ypsilanti with critical broadband infrastructure. The Ann Arbor-Ypsilanti Corridor Fiber Optic Backbone project, accompanied by $600,000 in local funding, aims to create public broadband infrastructure that tech companies, the cities and businesses can utilize along the corridor for innovative products, affordable and reliable broadband, and company location. Listen to an interview between Lucy Ann Lance and Paul Krutko, SPARK president and CEO.
- Venture capital deals in the U.S. will set a record in 2021
- The Entrepreneurship Center at Washtenaw Community College finished its 15-company cohort through the Renew program, which SPARK supported as a sponsor/funder.
- Michigan Works! Southeast Reports Thousands of Job Openings
- ACM Campus Continues Growth as Perrone Robotics Solidifies Two-Year Residency Commitment
- Diversity and inclusion scholarship aims to foster a sense of belonging in the Ann Arbor tech industry
- Fast 50: Southeast Michigan’s fastest-growing companies of 2021 (Crain’s) – featuring Domino’s, Oxford, First National Bank in Howell, University Bank, and Bank of Ann Arbor.
- Midwest Rising: Why the Workplace of the Future is Michigan (Forbes)
- Ann Arbor brewery draws national attention with hard seltzer smoothie (Concentrate Media)
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.