A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- Wednesday, July 14 — Invest 2021: Exit Path Trends, Goals, and Resources
Join Ann Arbor SPARK and Bodman for a new webinar series where we take a close look at Michigan’s entrepreneurial investing trends.
- Thursday, July 22 — Ypsi 9th Hour: Back Office Studio
Ypsi 9th Hour provides after work networking and camaraderie for anyone looking to socialize with like-minded entrepreneurs, business professionals, and independent contractors.
- Ann Arbor-based DaySmart continues acquisition path; hits 200 employees and >$40 million in revenue
- Newly appointed Livingston County commissioner Marty Smith eager to give back to community
- Washtenaw Community College becomes first community college to join DTE renewable energy program (more). This is the program we announced participation in last September.
- Things are a bit unique in the talent market right now, but we’ve updated some of the basics around doing talent acquisition in the Ann Arbor area here. Thanks to Greater Ann Arbor SHRM for their partnership on this! E-book available: Ann Arbor @ Work (Acquiring Talent in the Greater Ann Arbor Area)
- Monica Wheat, a longtime veteran of the Detroit-area venture capital and startup community, joins Techstars Equity, based in Detroit.