A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- Pure Michigan Business Connect, the state’s B2B “marketplace” is updating a list of suppliers in Michigan with capacities to provide PPE. You can download the list of companies and their capacities on the PMBC website.
Related: Howell’s Highland Engineering and Delta Air Lines to Convert Shipping Containers into Hospital Care Pods for U.S. Military
- Coronavirus Puts Detroit Office Market to the Test
Patrich Jett, a member of SPARK’s Business Development Committee, pens an update on real estate in today’s market.
- Ann Arbor SPARK Launches SPARK.tech Virtual Workshop for Startups
For the first time, Ann Arbor SPARK is making its Entrepreneur Boot Camp curriculum available online. The three-part webinar series is designed to guide innovators who have a tech-related business idea through the first stages of bringing their product or service to market.
- Michigan Angel Community released its 2019 Annual Research Report.
- The University of Michigan Tech Transfer released its 2019 Impact Report.
- American Center for Mobility Names Reuben Sarkar President & CEO Reuben joins the ACM team from Forge Nano, a corporate venture-backed start-up, where he served as the Chief Product Officer. Notably, Reuben also worked for the U.S. Department of Energy, Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy (EERE) where he served as Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation, while earlier on in his career, he worked at the former General Motors plant that once stood on ACM’s historic site in Willow Run. Reuben is a native to Michigan graduating from the University of Michigan with degrees in both Chemical Engineering and an MBA from the Ross Business School.
- Liebherr, with operations in Saline, celebrates half a century in the United States.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.