- SBA opens the Restaurant Revitalization Fund applications today.
- Ann Arbor-based David Lin launches a COVID Rescue Fund to provide support for shuttered businesses.
- SPARK client LiquidGoldConcept Receives NIH Grant for Lactation Support Training Technology
- Check out the updated Ann Arbor Startup Ecosystem 101 ebook
- Learn more about Ann Arbor SPARK and its services in this profile article: Ann Arbor SPARKS entrepreneurship
- The Michigan Venture Capital Association released its annual research report. Some quick points:
- There are 165 venture-backed startups in Michigan, an increase of 17 percent over the past five years.
- Michigan venture capital firms invested $2.8 billion in 2020, an increase of 28 percent over the last five years.
- While there were more deals in 2020, it was for smaller amounts of funding.
- Reuben Sarkar, CEO at ACM, gave testimony this week to the Senate Subcommittee on Surface Transportation, Maritime, Freight, and Ports. You can read it here.
- Pinckney Community Garden Project Gets Financial Boost thanks to Consumers Energy competition and a nice pitch video that SPARK helped facilitate for them
- New internship program helps underrepresented students find “a place in tech” at Ann Arbor companies
- Eastern Michigan University ranked in top 10 in the nation for several degree programs.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.