A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- Lots of Ann Arbor representation at this year’s SXSW Online (March 16 – 19)! Learn more: Ann Arbor SPARK, Michigan House to host panels at SXSW
- Boosted by pivot to remote work, Ann Arbor cybersecurity company Blumira doubles staff during the pandemic.
- Clinical analytics startup Fifth Eye Inc. announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has granted its “de novo” classification to Fifth Eye’s Analytic for Hemodynamic Instability
- SPARK.grow Podcast: Conversations with Mike Klein, Genomenon
- SPARK’s Anne Partington joins the board at Women in Mobility, Detroit
- U-M and Ford open a huge new robotics center
“U-M’s Ford Motor Company Robotics Building is a four-story, $75 million, 134,000-square-foot complex situated on North Campus. As the new hub of the U-M Robotics Institute, its first three floors hold custom U-M research labs for robots that fly, walk, roll, and augment the human body—as well as classrooms, offices, and makerspaces. Through a unique agreement, the fourth floor houses Ford’s first robotics and mobility research lab on a university campus, as well as 100 Ford researchers and engineers.”