A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
Agita Labs wins Best of Bootcamp. This early stage startup is developing the next-generation of privacy-enhanced computing structures that will facilitate the creation of new data markets while protecting data IP rights and personal information.
- EMU, Digital Divas, and FordLabs profiled by Driven: Michigan’s cybersecurity leaders are pursuing a “culture change” for diversity in their field
- Ann Arbor company, TRUiC, offering free business startup guides sees huge growth
- In Ann Arbor, you can order lunch and have it delivered by a robot
- The latest PlanetM Mobility report, featuring a profile on ACM’s Tech Park announcement and plans for the NAIAS
- SPARK client FreightRoll digitalizes paper documents to reduce operational inefficiencies.
- The Best Tech Startups in Ann Arbor, as identified by the Tech Tribune.
- Phoenix Contact hosting a mobility lunch in Ann Arbor
- Michigan Venture Capital Association and GDI are hosting a webinar called Venture x Talent. The discussion will focus on how startups can find funding and the right talent to achieve long term growth.
- XR Midwest 2020 happening April 5 is the first annual XR conference at the University of Michigan, hosted by ARI.
- More upcoming events
Food for Thought
- More Women Became VC Partners Than Ever Before In 2019 But 65% of Venture Firms Still Have Zero Female Partners
- People Follow Jobs and Jobs Need Beds
- To overcome a lack of capital for a growing number of innovators and entrepreneurs, Michigan’s investment community is pooling its available resources to drive growth, expand opportunities, and attract new players.