A look back on this week’s economic development headlines, announcements, and other share-worthy news from the Ann Arbor region.
- XR Internships Create New Reality for Ann Arbor Tech Ecosystem
Ann Arbor SPARK, in partnership with the University of Michigan, has created an internship program to connect students with growing startups in gaming and XR. The program is the brainchild of Austin Yarger, CEO of Arbor Interactive and Game Development Lecturer at U-M, and SPARK’s entrepreneurial services team.
- Ann Arbor SPARK recently concluded another Entrepreneur Boot Camp. Congratulations to the Best of Boot Camp Winners: vCases, Meknology, and MintyBrain.
- The Michigan Guard and Orbital Effects, located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, teamed up to jointly advance emerging doctrine and develop associated tactics, techniques and procedures.
- $39M in Going PRO Talent Fund Grants Awarded to Train 30,000 Workers at More Than 850 Michigan Businesses
- The Michigan Small Business Survival Grant Program received 34,487 applications submitted to the 15 local economic development organizations reviewing the applications and awarding the grants. Ann Arbor SPARK notified applicants this week. See more about the program and view a list of recipients.
- Explore the region’s industry composition through this new market map of companies in Ann Arbor.
- The first license for AV testing software developed by U-M’s Mcity goes to American Center for Mobility
Food for Thought
- The Future of Hybrid Workweek: 63 percent like the hybrid working model, 20 percent want to work from home full time, and just 12 percent want to go back to the office five days a week.