Written By Jake Albers
Manager, SPARK East Incubator
SPARK East Incubator recently hosted the Israeli Medical Technology Road Show. The Road Show, presented by The Trendlines Group and OurCrowd; featured five innovative Israeli start-ups seeking investment toward commercialization in Southeast Michigan. The infusion of international innovation into the Greater Ann Arbor region was made possible through a collaborative effort between Ann Arbor SPARK and Michigan Israel Business Bridge (MIBB).
Accredited investors and strategic partners were invited to hear presentations from several companies:
- Core Bone: a natural bone graft material for enhanced strength and healing in orthopedic and dental procedures.
- Gordian Surgical: a unique 2-in-1 device that opens and closes incisions during laparoscopic surgery, saving physician time and preventing complications.
- SensoGo: a portable, easy-to-use system for walking pattern analysis in diagnosing orthopedic, sports medicine, and geriatrics disorders.
- SiL Vascular: a next-generation balloon catheter for targeted treatments and improved outcomes of blocked arteries in the limbs.
- ProArc: a unique prostatic reshaping device designed to treat lower urinary tract symptoms due to enlarged prostate or BPH.
The collaboration with MIBB is a prime example of Ann Arbor SPARK’s commitment to Open Source Economic Development.
“The Ann Arbor region has a strong multi-cultural community that has transcended into significant foreign direct investment opportunities. SPARK partners regularly with MIBB to help provide a soft landing for the companies looking to locate here”, explains Luke Bonner, Ann Arbor SPARK’s Vice President of Business Development.
Pamela Lippitt, Executive Director for MIBB echoed the sentiment in saying “The Michigan Israel Business Bridge is always pleased to work with our regional partners to create great opportunities in business, research and investment between Michigan and Israel. Bringing five Israeli Medical Device Start-Ups to Ann Arbor/Ypsilanti and exposing them to investors in Southeast Michigan was a tremendous opportunity for us and we could not ask for a better partner than Ann Arbor SPARK .”