Ypsilanti fosters a progressive community with a passionate arts scene and a rising downtown area. Ypsilanti, also known by locals as Ypsi, has a rich history which can be seen in the local architecture. There are two main business areas, Downtown and Depot Town, which are known for eclectic shops and local businesses, including the Ann Arbor SPARK East Innovation Center — a business accelerator for entrepreneurs.
The city is home to Eastern Michigan University (EMU) which has been ranked for 17 consecutive years as one of the best colleges in the Midwest, according to The Princeton Review. EMU offers both undergraduate and graduate programs including a nationally accredited Cyber Defense program — one of a handful in the country.
The area boasts over 23,000+ acres of public park and recreation areas including opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, and fishing on the beautiful Huron River.
Featured Opportunity Zone: American Center for Mobility
The American Center for Mobility (ACM) is the catalyst for the advancement of mobility solutions. ACM is a U.S. Department of Transportation designated site as a proving ground for connected and automated vehicle technology.
ACM Focus Areas Include:
- Accelerating the research, development, test and validation process of mobility products and technologies in a safe and re-configurable environment.
- Supporting industry standardization and policy requirements of mobility products and technologies.
- Empowering workforce development, through education and immersion with mobility products and technologies.
Build-to-suite future development areas are available.
Nearby Existing Industry Sectors:
- Proximity to I-94, US 23
- The University of Michigan and St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Campuses
- Proximity to southeast Michigan original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) as well as tiered-supply base, and 189 mobility companies in Washtenaw County