Ann Arbor SPARK’s popular Inclusive Workplace training series returns with a new slate of topics designed to advance diversity, equity, and inclusivity efforts among small businesses.
“We’re excited to continue offering this in-demand training series,” said Paul Krutko, Ann Arbor SPARK president and CEO. “In addition to the foundational topics we provided last year, we have expanded the educational series to incorporate topics about leadership, hiring practices, and more. Our role is to provide the resources for both personal and professional growth in this vital discipline.”
The Inclusive Workplace Series provides training and guidance to growing companies in the greater Ann Arbor region who want to incorporate various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as they grow and develop their business. The series helps executives, HR professionals, team members, and champions learn how to build a more inclusive workplace culture that can result in improved hiring, employee retention and engagement, and deliver ROI in terms of innovation, performance, and growth.
Inclusive Leadership, the first session of 2023, will be on January 24 and will focus on the following:
- Gain an understanding of unconscious bias.
- Identify ways in which certain ideas are learned or taught in society.
- Recognize your own implicit bias and how to address it.
- Learn about micro-inequities, microaggressions, and devaluing of others.
- Identify strategies to implement inclusive language and actions for working in and building high-performing teams.
- Recognize key characteristics for leaders to promote inclusive workplaces, even in the face of opposition.
While each Inclusive Workshop event is free, registration is required. Participants may choose to attend as many events as applicable; attending the entire series is not required. Due to the interactive nature of this series, participation is limited and recordings of the events will not be publicly available.