With support from Ann Arbor SPARK, the Economic Development Council of Livingston County released its 2018 fourth quarter report highlighting recent economic activity and successes. Ann Arbor SPARK partners with the Economic Development Council of Livingston County (EDCLC) to expand economic opportunity throughout the region. The EDCLC established an ongoing partnership Ann Arbor SPARK in 2011 to provide services to help businesses in the
“Our efforts directly support the economic vitality of the communities in Livingston County, one of the most prosperous areas in the state,” said Phil Santer, Ann Arbor SPARK senior vice president, business development. “We were pleased to partner with Michigan Works! this past year on securing talent training funds for nine companies in Livingston, providing nearly $100,000 of training funds for growing companies. We are also pleased to partner with growing companies in Livingston County this year, supporting over $13 million of new capital investment into our community.”
- Ann Arbor SPARK staff worked to promote the State’s Going Pro Training Fund on behalf of Michigan Works! Southeast. The effort resulted in nine companies in Livingston County being awarded more than $90,000 to train and upskill new and existing jobs locally.
- Ann Arbor SPARK participated in a symposium to address attainable housing and sustainable community development along with the Livingston Council of Realtors and Livingston Homebuilders Association.
- In 2018, Ann Arbor SPARK reached companies that employ more than 6,000 employees in Livingston County through its proactive outreach program, designed to identify and address obstacles to growth.
- Livingston County celebrated six successful projects totaling $13 million in new investment.
- Ann Arbor SPARK staff attended seven national site selector events, continuing to build relationships with consultants and keep Livingston County in the forefront of business attraction opportunities.
ABOUT ANN ARBOR SPARK
Ann Arbor SPARK, a non-profit organization, is advancing the region by encouraging and supporting business acceleration, attraction and retention. The organization identifies and meets the needs of business at every stage, from start-ups to large organizations. Ann Arbor SPARK collaborates with business, academic, government, and community investor partners to achieve its mission. For more information, please call (734) 761-9317 or visit www.AnnArborUSA.org.