One of the world’s most prestigious automotive industry events, the North American International Auto Show (NAIAS), returns to the heart of Motor City this September. Ann Arbor SPARK is excited to join exhibitors on September 14 and 15 as part of AutoMobili-D, presented by the Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) and the Michigan Office of Future Mobility and Electrification. On display in SPARK’s booth will be 13 companies representing regional electric, autonomous, and connected vehicle innovation.
Additionally, on September 15, Ann Arbor SPARK will present the panel Shifting Paradigms: The Evolution of Use Cases and Scale Horizons in the Age of Autonomous Vehicles featuring John Davis, director of vehicle and production engineering at Ford Motor Company, and Mitchell Rohde, CEO and co-founder of Quantum Signal AI. These two will discuss the movement of people, the movement of goods, and the extension of job capabilities, as well as explore how Quantum Signal AI’s vision fits with Ford’s mission of leveraging autonomous vehicles to deliver efficiencies and solutions to promote the growth of businesses, both big and small.
“We’re thrilled to take part in this year’s AutoMobili-D and showcase some of the pioneering companies based in the Ann Arbor region,” said Komal Doshi, Ann Arbor SPARK director of mobility programs. “While the 13 companies joining us reflect the significant diversity of work being done here, they are just a fraction of the hundreds of mobility companies that call the Ann Arbor area home.”
Many of the companies will have physical assets in the booth, including motorcycles, robots, and autonomous vehicles. The companies exhibiting at the Ann Arbor SPARK booth (PT320) are:
- ADASTEC delivers SAE Level-4 Automated Driving Software Platform for commercial vehicles to enable OEMs to develop modern, automated, shared, and connected commercial vehicles.
- Autaza Technology is an expert in solutions for industrial quality control through proprietary and patented technologies involving computer vision and artificial intelligence.
- Bedestrian provides a safe, intelligent, and durable delivery solution connecting indoor and optional outdoor spaces.
- CarBeast is an AI assistant that helps you make informed decisions regarding the ownership, repair, and maintenance of your car.
- e-cell secure has developed patented, industry-first technologies and processes for collecting, shipping, and storing batteries safely, efficiently, and economically.
- Exro Vehicle Systems provides end-to-end engineering services for the design, development, and verification of electrified power systems.
- Intermode develops and leases the Modal, a configurable delivery robot. The co-founders met on the University of Michigan solar car team.
- LiveRoad Analytics is an IoT data analytics and meteorological technology company that leverages the power of proprietary sensors and IoT data for improved data modeling, weather forecasting, road surface prediction, and atmospheric weather precision.
- May Mobility develops and deploys autonomous vehicle (AV) technology and operates the A2GO autonomous shuttle service in downtown Ann Arbor.
- Mouvit developed a platform that allows companies to develop autonomous robots that meet their specific requirements for a low development cost. Its first application is a food and beverage vending robot for universities, golf courses, zoos, and theme parks.
- Retrospect develops safety software and provides consultation to provide their clients with normative, functional safety systems.
- SimuQuest provides expert embedded software engineering services and intelligent tools to help their clients achieve faster time to market, safety compliance, and innovation.
- Wired Off-Road develops retrofitting conversion kits so enthusiasts can convert their dirt bikes to electric power.
AutoMobili-D takes place September 14 and 15 during Industry Tech Days at Huntington Place (formerly TCF Center) in downtown Detroit.