Soft Landing Space
If your company is located outside of the Ann Arbor region and you’re looking for an opportunity to enter a new market, Ann Arbor SPARK can serve as a soft landing space. Whether you’re based internationally or only a few zip codes away, SPARK’s soft landing program can help accelerate your success in an affordable and supportive workspace that’s both flexible and puts you at the epicenter of our tech ecosystem.
Why Ann Arbor?
The Ann Arbor region has a vibrant tech ecosystem centered around the world-class University of Michigan, leading to the highest startup density in the Midwest. The talent pool is vast and diverse, fed by the numerous acclaimed academic institutions in the region. In addition to the University of Michigan, Eastern Michigan University and Washtenaw Community College have robust programs that develop skilled graduates.
Another appealing quality is Ann Arbor’s pioneering mobility sector. The region is home to two globally recognized testing facilities — the American Center for Mobility and Mcity — and companies that are advancing the future of mobility such as Toyota, Ford, May Mobility, LLamasoft, and others.
How SPARK Helps
Ann Arbor SPARK manages two regional Centers of Innovation — one located in the heart of downtown Ann Arbor’s tech corridor and another in Ypsilanti’s dynamic downtown. Both locations have state-of-the-art facilities designed to help businesses succeed.
A recent soft landing success is KLA which worked with Ann Arbor SPARK throughout its site selection process. The company then established temporary offices at the SPARK Central Innovation Center in downtown Ann Arbor while constructing its second North American headquarters here. Learn more about KLA’s success in Ann Arbor.
Soft Landing Benefits
- Obtain market entry guidance and support.
- Connections to local and regional organizations.
- Access private desk, meeting, and conference spaces.
- Low-risk commitment to a new market.
- Reserve conference rooms using an online booking system.
- Access to secure, reliable high-speed fiber internet.
- Drop-in workstations with external monitors available in a professional environment.
- Single-person booths to make private phone calls.
- Reception area and on-site mail handling.
- Close proximity to acclaimed academic institutions and partners: The University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Eastern Michigan University, Washtenaw Community College, American Center for Mobility, and Mcity.
COVID-19 Safety is a Top Priority
- Health and safety protocols in place.
- Updated HVAC systems and filtration systems.
- Daily cleaning by uniformed, professional staff with EPA approved disinfectants.
As your company grows, Ann Arbor SPARK grows with you. Designated desk pricing starts at $250/month per seat. Learn more.
Interested in learning more about our soft landing space? Contact Ann Arbor SPARK using the form below for more info.