- Michigan’s economic development groups avoid controversy, pursue jobs (requires MLive subscription)
- A Big Gift and a New Name: Eastern Michigan University to rename its engineering and technology college to the GameAbove College of Engineering and Technology, thanks to a major gift from the GameAbove alumni group
- Biotech Boom: “As Ann Arbor begins to fulfill its potential as a dynamic biotech hub, the broader impact could be profound.”
- Related: Ann Arbor drug company Asalyxa closes a $2 million seed funding round.
- A Michigan Company’s Technology is Making Workplaces Safer: Nice overview of SPARK client Kinetica Labs
- A $10 million investment by a Florida group in a Virginia robotics company will lead to an expansion of the American Center for Mobility (ACM) in Ypsilanti Township.
- Ann Arbor SPARK has recently released three reports:
- The Council on Future Mobility & Electrification released a study on the state of the auto industry in Michigan: “Revolutionary changes like electrification and automation are poised to transform the mobility sector, and there is a global competition to determine where advanced vehicle technologies will be built.”
- Detroit Chamber report: 2021 State Of The Region: Reasons For Optimism But K-Shaped Recovery Exacerbates Challenges Ahead
Around the State
- Mark Burton steps down as CEO of MEDC to join Honigman’s economic development practice. MEDC searches for a new CEO.
Subscribe to our newsletters
Don’t miss an event, announcement, or job opportunity. Get news delivered to your inbox and stay informed about what is going on in tech, business, and talent in the greater Ann Arbor region.