Entrepreneur Boot Camp
You are here
Boot Camp teaches an efficient and proven method to validate business concepts. The program is designed for entrepreneurs who are prepared to assess and validate the feasibility of their business concept, build a business model and find beta customers. Not only will entrepreneurs learn this method in concept, they will get hands-on assistance in using this method to test ideas over an intense multi-week program, interacting with multiple mentors and early stage investors.
Spring 2017 Entrepreneur Boot Camp:
Kick-off: April 17, 2017
Mentorship Days: May 22 – 23, 2017
"Ann Arbor SPARK's Boot Camp was a rigorous exercise that brought us closer to our customers and helped us focus on the core value that Virta Labs can provide. Ann Arbor SPARK has been a tremendous resource for us as a startup."
Denis Foo Kune, Virta Labs co-founder
Spring 2014 Boot Camp Graduate
Who is Boot Camp for?
- Early stage companies interested in a process to grow their business effectively and validate their business model
- Management teams with at least one full-time person dedicated to the company and 2 team members to attend camp
- Technology-driven products/services, especially with defensible intellectual property
How will Boot Camp help you?
You'll learn how to refine your business model, solidify your target market and work one-on-one with experienced entrepreneurs, angel investors and business executives. You will be guided by a seasoned coaching team that will select and match mentors to assist you reach milestones for your startup and share resources in your industry and areas of need.
Networking & Connections:
Boot Camp is an opportunity for you to dramatically grow your network. Highly accomplished entrepreneurs, professionals and business leaders, who want to help entrepreneurs, participate in Boot Camp, giving you numerous opportunities to establish a relationship with them.
"Some of the other entrepreneurs at Boot Camp were actually interested in similar missions, and I’ve been able to create strategic partnerships already that are a win-win and provide all parties involved with advantages that we wouldn’t have had if we hadn’t met at Boot Camp."
Jeff Mason, managing partner of Groundspeed LLC
Fall 2015 Boot Camp Graduate
Benefits of Boot Camp:
- Solve a big problem for an identifiable set of customers
- Assemble a talented team that can deliver the solution and grow the company
- Gather the cash you need until the company starts making money
- Gain access to potential customers
- Provide financial advice on pricing your product or service, target market, creating budgets and projections and selecting suitable sources of capital
- Make critical connections to talented individuals in your industry
- Encouragement and advice from serial entrepreneurs
The program includes:
- Kick-off workshop (Full day)
- Weekly check-ins with a Teaching Team Coach and SPARK’s Entrepreneurial Services Director
- Two full days of on-site presentations and working groups, mentorship
- Post camp coaching and celebration sessions
Boot Camp is a great business resource designed to help launch your business by shortening the time required to attract capital, customers and other resources. SPARK's former Boot Campers have gone on to secure funding, connect to advisors and other key talent, launch businesses and succeed in business competitions and start-up forums across the state.
REGISTRATION FEE: $1,500.00
The events will take place at SPARK Central and at the Kensington Court* located in Ann Arbor.
*Special rates are available at the Kensington Court
Entrepreneur Boot Camp is sponsored by Ann Arbor SPARK and funded by the LDFA and MEDC.
In collaboration with: