New Enterprise Forum invites anyone interested in entrepreneurship to join us at our monthly Forum to connect with entrepreneurs, investors, service providers and businesses.
This month Legacy Shave will present their story and give us an update since they initially presented in October 2018 as NEF Showcase Presenter.
About Legacy Shave
Mike Gutow, CEO and Co-Founder. Shaving can be a chore, especially with today’s busy lifestyles. But, what if there was a way to have a better shaving experience and pamper your self at the same time? That’s the idea behind Legacy Shave and The Evolution Brush – a unique, patented technology brings that old-fashioned barber shop experience into your home. The Evolution Brush combines the feel and benefits of a traditional barber shop shaving brush (i.e., hands free shaving cream and a clean, close shave) with the convenience of modern shaving cream and gel shaving cans. Simply attach the shave brush to the can and enjoy the ultimate shaving experience – while traveling back to a more elegant time.
Four entrepreneurs will each give a four-minute pitch of their business idea to a panel of investor judges in a “Shark Tank” format. Prototypes and visual aids are encouraged but no Power Point presentations. After each pitch, the judges will give detailed feedback and score the business. At the end of the evening, the person with the highest score will receive a $100 cash prize plus all additional prize money provided by the audience.
The entrepreneurs, selected from a large pool of applicants are:
- Pradeep Kalmat, eSimplify. eSimplify is a Healthcare Analytics company helping Primary Care Practitioners (Family Practice) and groups successfully transition from a fee for service payment model to a value based payment model while increasing revenue.
- Stephen Ketch, KnoBa. KnoBa is a B2B SaaS product for small and medium businesses to build and maintain their knowledge bases.
- Isaac Lymon, RaxPlay. Raxplay turns music albums into VR/AR experiences using the music theme, storyline, and sound.
- Lawrence Smith, Twist. It is a free, community-driven, social networking platform that aims to provide effective networking opportunities and resources to our users that are acclaimed, accessible, and inclusive.
(Interested in pitching at a future NEF Pitch Pit event, please apply to NEF Pitch Pit)
Pitch Pit Judges:
A panel of three esteemed judges will provide feedback and score the teams.
- Tom Meloche, Author, Educator, and Founder
- Charles Penner, Regional Director, Michigan Small Business Development Center – Greater Washtenaw Region
- Chris Theisen, Vice President Sales & Marketing, Adapt Technology
Mark your calendar. The meeting opens at 5:00 p.m. with networking and appetizers. Around 5:45 p.m., the program portion of the meeting begins with an introduction from our President including upcoming entrepreneurial events and past NEF Showcase Presenter news. The program continues with our featured Showcase Presenter(s) who are graduates of the NEF coaching process. Depending on the month or otherwise noted, the program includes the engaging NEF Pitch Pit or intriguing topic and panel. The program typically finishes at 7:15 p.m. with more networking afterwards. Please feel welcome to join us.
The event is FREE. Registration is not required but recommended for planning purposes.
Ann Arbor SPARK Central Innovation Center
330 E. Liberty St
Lower Level Ann Arbor, MI 48104