One of the most helpful prioritization and alignment tools we use here at Menlo is the Story Map. It might be at your organization, too – facilitating planning, prioritization and conversation amongst multiple stakeholders.
- Multiple hands-on exercises
- Simulating projects in both software and non-software domains
- Getting started – where to even begin; how to structure and scope a story map; define epics and milestones; how to think about feature sets to be prioritized
- Great for organizing new teams, shifting to a product-focused organization, software MVP definition, even home renovation projects or vacation planning
- Training, getting story mapping started at your organization
The Story Map is an important tool in our visual management toolkit to show the big picture plan for a project. As with all our visual management systems, the tool doesn’t solve potential project problems, it simply exposes them so the humans can anticipate and solve them. This four-hour virtual workshop includes hands-on activities to not just scope and build a story map but teach you to recognize potential issues and how to effectively interpret a story map. Build consensus, re-prioritize, and respond effectively to changes in project timelines and budget.