The Inclusive Workplace Series provides training and guidance to growing companies in the greater Ann Arbor region who want to understand various aspects of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) to consider in the development of their business. The series helps executives, HR professionals, team members, and all champions and allies learn how to build a more inclusive workplace culture that can result in improved hiring, employee retention and engagement, and deliver ROI in terms of innovation, performance, and growth.
In this Unconscious Bias training session, participants will:
- Gain an understanding of unconscious bias.
- Identify ways in which certain ideas are learned or taught in society.
- Recognize your own implicit bias and how to address it.
- Learn about micro inequities, microaggressions, and devaluing of others.
- Identify strategies to implement inclusive language and actions for working in and building high-performing teams.
- Leaders: recognize key characteristics to promote inclusive workplaces, even in the face of opposition.
Due to the interactive nature of this series, participation is limited and recordings of the events will not be publicly available.