Are you an innovative firm offering advanced manufacturing solutions? Are you interested in expanding your business in the lucrative Japanese market?
The U.S. Commercial Service in Michigan, the Michigan Economic Development Corporation and the U.S. Embassy in Japan have joined forces to organize the Focus Japan: Michigan Automation and Robotics Showcase for Michigan companies looking to expand sales and build relationships in Japan. Up to five Michigan companies will be selected to make live presentations of their innovative solutions to Japanese manufacturers, distributors, and agents. Live interpreters will support presentations and Q&A.
Automation and robotics sectors including the following applications:
- Autonomous mobile robots
- Vision systems
- Smart gripping systems/technologies
- AI services/software for robotics and automation
- Process controls/industrial control systems
- Applicants must have operations in Michigan
- Product offerings must contain at least 51% US content
- Applicants should offer innovative automation and robotics solutions with market potential in Japan
- Companies with experience working with Japanese customers are encouraged to apply
- Up to five companies will present their products for 10 minutes each, followed by a Q&A session with Japanese buyers
- Live interpretation will be provided for company presentations and Q&A
- The U.S. Embassy in Japan will counsel participating companies on Japan specific market issues
- The U.S. Commercial Service will facilitate matchmaking meetings following the event
The MEDC will review application to determine which products best meet the above criteria and will make the final selection of companies. The U.S. Embassy in Japan will review applications to provide feedback to MEDC on the market potential of products in Japan.
Upon selection, participation fee is $400. Participating companies are invited to apply for an MEDC Michigan State Trade Expansion Program (MI-STEP) grant which will reimburse 75 percent of the fee for qualifying companies.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until September 17, 2021.
There are a limited number of spots so get your applications in early!