With more than 500 restaurants and an annual average of 730,000 hotel stays in Washtenaw County, the hospitality business is booming. Dependable employees are more important than ever, which is why Amy Cell Talent is pleased to team with Destination Ann Arbor to host a brand new job fair: Destination Hospitality.
This event is FREE for job seekers to attend.
The day is expected to be busy, filled with invaluable information for both employers and job seekers. A tentative schedule is as follows:
- 10a-5p: Registration and water station
- 10a-6p: Career resource fair with presentations from local support networks, education programs and transportation providers .
- 10a-2p: Resume & interview support/career counseling
- 2p-6p: Career counseling
- Noon-1p: Lunch
- 10:30a, 12:30p, 2:30p, 4:30p: Hotel tours
- 1p: Panel discussion about career opportunities in hospitality, including the chance for upward advancement, comfortable compensation and flexible schedules
- 2p-7p: Interviews with on-site employers
Resume and Interview Support
One of the most unique features of Destination Hospitality is the opportunity for job seekers to receive resume and interview support from experienced, well-qualified Career Counselors with Amy Cell Talent. Our team has substantial experience in helping job seekers prepare for interviews with a variety of companies. This service can arm applicants with the tools they need to get the job and provide employers with practiced applicants who already have knowledge of the hospitality industry.
In addition, Amy Cell Talent has arranged to use the Business Center within the Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest to print job seekers’ resumes. Those who don’t have resumes will receive the help they need in creating one and/or successfully completing employer applications on-site.
The hospitality industry in Washtenaw County faces a talent shortage that has persisted for some time. This problem is widespread; according to the Foodservice Consultants Society International, skills shortage is one of the biggest challenges facing the hospitality industry, and they predict the industry will continue to see a skills shortage over the next few years.
This shortage is directly attributed to the supply and retention of talent. With this in mind, employers should plan to attend Destination Hospitality to:
- Meet and greet jobseekers interested in your jobs
- Interview pre-screened applicants prepped for you by HR professionals
- Use testimonials and panel discussions with current employees in hospitality to allow jobseekers to hear how these careers are within everyone’s reach
- Introduce jobseekers to partners who can eliminate barriers to employment
- Use counselors from local hospitality education programs to showcase the industry’s career ladder
- Take part in an event organized by one of the leading providers of workforce solutions anywhere: Amy Cell Talent
The hospitality industry offers a benefit to almost anyone looking for a job. Students and single parents enjoy flexible schedules, people who need a second job can work part-time, returning citizens usually aren’t turned away because of background checks, and those who have family or other obligations can work off-hours.
But hospitality offers more than flexibility. Many in the industry can attest to the opportunity for upward mobility, meaning a person can start as a dishwasher and be promoted through the ranks to management and supervisory positions. Hospitality is also a way to gain experience in customer service, work with people and possibly even travel (depending on the position you gain).
For job seekers, the career fair will allow you to:
- Interview with some of the biggest hospitality employers in the area
- Hear stories of people just like you who have found a home working in hospitality
- Tour a world-class hotel and restaurant t osee first-hand the working environment
- Listen to panel discussions on the hospitality industry and the jobs it offers
- Meet with admissions and financial aid counselors to talk about ways to take a job in hospitality to the next level
- Receive career coaching and resume support from professional HR consultants
Please bring two forms of ID and a list of questions to ask employers in attendance.
If you have questions, call Amy Cell Talent at (734) 747-2936 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ann Arbor Marriott Ypsilanti at Eagle Crest
South Huron Street
Ypsilanti, MI, USA