Automotive- and mobility-sector companies are invited to join MEDC, Ann Arbor SPARK, and MSU International Business Center for a virtual roundtable discussion to share insights into challenges and successes of entering new markets. The discussion aims to inform moderators of how export programs can be better aligned to support this industry in 2022 and beyond.
- 9:00 a.m. Welcome and Introductions, Alyssa Tracey, Director, International Trade at Michigan Economic Development Corporation, MEDC and Noel Nevshehir, Director, International Business Services and Global Strategic Partnerships, Automation Alley
- 9:05 a.m. Advanced Manufacturing and Industry 4.0, Tom Kelly, Executive Director and CEO, Automation Alley
- 9:10 a.m. State Trade and Expansion Program, David Newhouse, International Trade Manager, Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC)
- 9:15 a.m. Global Advanced Manufacturing Trends, Carlotta Gmachl, Assistant Director of International Trade Programs
- 9:20 a.m. Roundtable company introductions
- 9:30 a.m. Company successes with foreign markets, international trade shows and conferences
- 9:50 a.m. Company challenges
- 10:10 a.m. Group recommendations and feedback
- 10:20 a.m. Wrap-up
- 10:30 a.m. Roundtable adjourns
This virtual event will be held February 10, 9:00 a.m. —10:30 a.m. and is open to up to 20 companies statewide. If you are interested in participating, please contact Komal@annarborusa.org with subject line: RSVP: Automotive and Mobility Export Industry Roundtable.