WXW - Our Journey, Our Stories, Our Leadership
You are here
WXW - Women's Exchange of Washtenaw
Thursday, March 16, 2017 - 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Dr Diana J Wong
Ann Arbor Events
Mediterrano Restaurant, 2900 S. State St.Ann Arbor, MI 48104
$25.00 (includes delicious appetizers!)
Stories make up rich oral traditions before even the development of the writing to transfer
knowledge and shape future generations. Our lives are filled with stories that are amazing, funny, sad, intense, inspiring, and so much more. Embedded in our stories are essential truths about who we are, our talents and strengths, life lessons, and insights for greater wisdom.
Storytelling is an increasingly important leadership art and skill. Impactful storytelling enable leaders to inspire and motivate talent, transfer knowledge in leadership succession, embed organizational values, build high performance teams, and generate positive connectivity. Our time together will reflect on stories along the journey to learn more about ourselves as leaders. We will identify and share stories to obtain feedback which will enable polishing our stories while developing our storytelling skills.
Please bring 2-3 stories to share and prepare to tell each one in less than 3 minutes. All Attendees will have an opportunity to exchange their stories and obtain feedback to further develop their storytelling skills. Some important take ways from our story time will be to:
• identify important stories along our leadership journey;
• describe different types of stories that every leader needs;
• develop key storytelling skills
• exchange stories to connect to others who intersect and share in our current journey;
• gather feedback to build leadership skills for more effective storytelling;
• share insights from stories to make explicit what we know but do not have words yet to express
Join us on Thursday, March 16th, 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. and leave inspired!